SPEED OF WRITING IN LEFT-HANDED AND RIGHT-HANDED UNDERGRADUATES

CHAPTER ONE

INTRODUCTION

Handedness is a vague term that does not have a fixed or agreed definition. Although the terms left and right are enough to define handedness in an ordinary disclosure, they do not suffice for scientific research  (Annette, et al 2002). The scientific definition of handedness can be based on two theoretical assumptions. It can be defined as the hand that performs faster or more precisely on tasks or the hand that one prefers to use, regardless of performance . In a scientific study, it should be recognized that handedness is not a discrete variable (right or left), but a continuous one that can be expressed at various levels between strong left and strong right (Annette, et al 2002).  There are four different types of handedness that include: left-handedness, right-handedness, mixed-handedness, and ambidexterity.

In contrast to other primate  the majority of humans prefer the right hand for skilled manipulation. Independent of cultural background, 90% of humans are right handed, (Corballis, 2003), while the remaining 10% consisting of persons variably identified of left-handed, ambidextrous, and/or ambiguougly handed.

 FOR THE FULL COPY OF MATERIAL, CLICK TO CONTACT US TO PLACE ORDER AND MAKE PAYMENT. Please call us on +234(0)8085670139 or 08069479446. Email: researchnet@yahoo.com. Please call us on +234(0)8085670139 or 08069479446. Email: researchnet@yahoo.com

Tell Friends about this topic